My name is Evan LaPorte and I am a painter living in New Bedford, Ma. I am a subjective painter concerned with formal issues, however I am not concerned with accurate representation. I am focused on honest translation and the creation of images informed by my hand, my history and my observations. The artists hand, the history of mark making and the process are my primary focus when creating an image. This page is an opportunity to share my paintings and some of my inspirations. 

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

worst post ever

pathetic...... it's been a long time since anything has been posted let alone anything note worthy.

HUGE rut in the studio, painting after painting melting into brown grey mush. yech! I walked out of there today with aleast $175 dollars in wasted gamblin & williamsburg paint caked onto my the bottoms of my feet, I had to step over a pile of IKEA T shirts soaked in paint thinner in the center of the room roughly the size and shape of two sleeping english bulldogs.

bless me father for I have sinned.......

- I covet the gesture and color in all my daughters drawings
- More over I covet the fact she can walk away from her drawings at any time
- Even still I covet her lack self doubt and criticism...

............hmmmmmmaybe she can finish this body of work for me.......

.....well back to the Kitchen, I smell something burnin!

No comments: